CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1995

From:
Paul Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 08:06:23 -0800
Yes there are complete systems out there that cost a fair amount of
money. The Deltavision system, complete with SGI, microscope, optics,
Photometrics cooled-ccd camera, and software cost about $170K. The
reason for this is that the deconvolution is only one part of the
equation. To truly assure that the process will work, the whole system
must be optimized and known (see Sedat, Agard, Thomas Huang, et al.). If
one applies deconvolution to bad data, guess what, it doesn't work as
well. So unlike the manufactures listed below, API, who sells the
Deltavision, chose the high road and sells the integrated system.

FYI- they will also sell the software alone but I don't know the cost.
Contact Tom Donnely at API ([log in to unmask]) if you have further
questions. The system run on SGI's and includes Priism visualization
software.

While I do not work for API, I am beta testing their system and would be
more than glad to answer any specific questions related to it.

Paul Goodwin
Image Analysis Lab
FHCRC, Seattle, WA