CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1995

From:
Fatemah Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 02:47:42 -0600
Magnus Ljungstrom wrote:

> Is there anyone who has tried to look at liver or lung tissue with LSCM or
> any other tissue for that matter while it still is in the live animal (rat)
> .
> Any suggestion about litterature or personal experience is appricated.

We have obtained confocal images of the microvasculature (in-vivo) of pancreatic
islets transplanted at the renal subcapsular site in rats. The technique is
described in detail in our paper titled;

"In-vivo analysis of angiogenesis and revascularization of transplanted pancreatic
islets using confocal microscopy" Journal of Microscopy, Vol. 176, Pt 3, Dec 1994,
pp. 262-275.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

--
Fatima A. Merchant
University of Texas at Austin