CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

From:
HENRY P ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:12:58 -0700
I run a multi-user microscopy facility and I have several investigators
interested in acquiring a LSCM. The problem is that they are equally
divided as to their needs,e.g. upright&inverted. So my question then is
it possible to purchase one system that could be switched between the two
platforms considering the need for critical alignment without having to
get a service engineer into the lab to make the adjustments. Some sales
reps say its not a major problem. I know Meridian offers a system that
can be used with two scopes that have scanner modules mounted to both
microscopes with the controller and laser between them. Does anyone have
experience with either method? I am looking forward to your comments.

Adios, from sunny New Mexico.
Hank Adams
EML
NMSU, Las Cruces, NM