CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:47:50 +0100
>On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:07:57 -0500 Jose A. Feijo wrote:
>We just put a Pinnacle RCD-5040 into the Pentium from Zeiss, and
>wrote our first disc.  This disc was readable by the Pentium that
>created it, a CD-ROM reader on another Pentium running
>Windows NT, and a Power Mac CD-ROM reader.  So far so
>good.
>
>However, another Pentium from Micron and a Mac Centris 650
>could not read the disc.

As already mentioned by others you should write the CD in the ISO Format.
But this is maybe not enough...
There are several extensions on the different operating systems to allow
long filenames. e.g when I wrote a disc on the Mac with "Toast" and the
"ISO-with-long-filenames-format" this disc is readable on the Mac (you need
a special Iso9660 Extension somewhere in the Systemfolder, check it on the
Power Mac where it worked), under SGI-Unix and Win95, but the latter *only*
if Win95 driver software ist used for the CD-Rom Drive. With Dos-drivers and
under Dos the disk is not readable.
Maybe this is your Problem?
If you need further help you should specify the software used for writing
the disk the used Disk-Format (most probably ISO on a PC) and the operating
Systems (and drivers) of the computers were you can and cannot read the disk.

hope this helps

Steffen Dietzel
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, D-69121 Heidelberg, Germany
phone:+49/6221/56-3998 or -3119 fax: -5332
personal e-mail: [log in to unmask]
listservmail: [log in to unmask]