CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1996

From:
"Dr. Kamiar Moin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:55:57 -0500
Dr. Steven Thomas wrote:
>I am performing a study involving dual immunofluorescent labelling of
>ovine anterior pituitary sections(40-100um) using FITC & rhodamine,
>FITC & Texas Red, FITC & R-phycoerythrin or FITC & Cy3.
>
>I would like to hear for anyone who has used an anti-fading/coverslip
>mountant on such specimens (or similar) which will prevent
>photobleaching as well as satisfactorily coverslip these sections. I
>would also like to know how long the anti-fading properties last for
>with regard to storage and re-examination of slides at a later date.

We have been using Slowfade from molecular probes on almost all of our
samples and it has worked very nicely.  We have been able to preserve our
slides as long as 2-3 mounths with minimal loss of fluorescence (provided
they are kept cold and in the dark).

Sincerely,

Kamiar Moin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Detroit, MI 48201

Tel:  (313)577-0514
        (313)577-1112
FAX: (313)577-6739