CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

From:
Glen Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 11:55:24 -0700
Chip,

My bet would be lipofucsins.  What kind of preparations are you using?
Perhaps a solvent extraction would remove them.  BTW, avian CNS has a few
neurons that autofluoresce very brightly at 568 nm, emitting >585 nm.

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Marshall (Chip) Montrose wrote:

> Hello colleagues.
>
>         Using the 543nm line of our Green HeNe laser, we have seen that our
> colonic tissue has a suprisingly bright autofluorescence at about 600-620nm.
> I am used to seeing autofluorescence in response to UV excitation (due
> to NADH and FADH), but this is the first time I have picked up
> autofluorescence at such red wavelengths. I have two items for discussion:

Regards,

Glen MacDonald
   Research Scientist
Hearing Research Laboratories of the
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 35-7923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195-7923
(206) 616-4156