CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1996

From:
Peter Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:25:37 -0700
I don't know who Dr. Schwinge it.  Were you boilerplating?

I have forwarded your message to a colleague, who will hopefully come up
with a phone number and address.  Have you seen any examples of output from
one of these instruments.  I think you should before you buy.  You can see
the scan lines (512 horizontal lines) on the slide when we use the
Lasergraphics Imagecorder, and I found no way to eliminate it.  Our
Lasergraphics is effectively a door stop now.  We construct all our slides
with something like PowerPoint and have the slides made up using a slide
maker (about 6k for cheaper ones, as much as 15k-20k for good ones).  I send
my PowerPoint images out to a third party vendor, with terrific results.

Peter Sargent

At 01:04 PM 8/8/96 U, you wrote:
>                           Subject:                         Time:   12:55 PM
>                           help!                            Date:   8/8/96
>
>Dear Dr. Schwinge:
>
>I received your name from Jim Hayden of Bio-Rad Labs, Inc. because I am
>looking to purchase a Lasergraphics Slide Maker to attach to our MRC1024
>confocal microscope.  Any information relating to how one might contact this
>company would be appreciated.  I have called three different numbers given by
>the toll-free directory to no avail.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Regards,
>Pauline L. Jenkins, Lab Manager
>Mario R. Capecchi Laboratory
>Howard Hughes Medical Institute
>5440 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics
>Salt Lake City, UT  84112
>(801) 581-7096 phone
>801-585-3425 fax
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

 e-mail: [log in to unmask]    s-mail: Dr. Peter B. Sargent
 phone:  (415) 476-6156(7)                Div. Oral Biology, HSW-604
 fax:    (415) 502-7338                   University of California
      or (415) 476-4204                   San Francisco, CA  94143-0512