CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1996

From:
Milton Charlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 11:16:06 -0400
Have no companies made objectives with ceramic or other non-metallic casing?
I know ceramic is not the best heat insulator but are there other
materials which would have low thermal expansion and conductivity and which
could be machined to hold the glass bits?

For heating objectives one could also use heating tape which is an
electrical resistance element that can be formed around objects.  Omega I
think has this and controllers as well.
Milton Charlton
University of Toronto