CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1996

From:
Graham Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:48:18 EST
We've come across a problem with transferring large numbers of confocal
image files from our OS/9 based (yes, its a Leica!) 230 Mb capacity optical
disks to larger capacity Mac based CDs. To do this we are using Telnet. All
of our confocal users religiously store their images in a directory based
fashion on optical disks (highly recommended in a multi-user facility!) and
also wish to do the archiving on the same basis. Currently to do the
transfers on a directory basis involves creating large numbers of recipient
dirctories at the other end prior to sending the files using 'mget', which
is both tedious and time-consuming, when several hundred directories
involved. Has anyone experience with using Telnet to transfer whole
directories rather than simply files? It would be greatly appreciated if
there is a way around having to while away the hours creating recipient
files on our fileserver prior to burning onto the CD.

Thanks,
Graham Johnson

Graham Johnson
Biomaterials Group
CSIRO, Div. of Biomolecular Engineering,
North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
ph: 61-2-9886 4851
fax: 61-2-9886 4805