CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:13:02 PST
Dear Dominque

You comments are well taken. However, IDL is a general purpose data
analysis package that the user can program to make all the
measurements you mention. For example, the 3 D volume is simply the
detetcted area (in each slice) times the distance between slices...

Regards

Mark Cannell

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:31:50 +0000 Dominique Miller wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Interesting discussion about 3D software.  It is a shame though that
> very few people seem to be able to distinguish between 3D software
and
> what is sometimes called 2.5D software.  I believe IDL is in the
2.5D
> category.  Very few of these packages seem to do any kind of image
> analysis and most can only do the most rudimentary processing.  This
is
> of course great if all you want to do is look at pretty 3D images.
If

------
> |From: Dominique Miller        |
|
> |Foster Findlay Associates     | Phone:        National     (0191)
201 2180  |
> |Newcastle Technopole          |         International    +44 191
201 2180   |
> |Kings Manor                   |   Fax:        National     (0191)
201 2190  |
http://www.demon.co.uk/ffaltd/  |

------