CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Paul Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:06:07 -0800
A couple of ideas come to mind.

1) You could use a Dextran-Fluorochrome marker and image the boundary by
negative staining (The agar would be, say, green and the fungus would be
non-fluorescent as black)

2) Use a dye that would have a group that is cleaved making it fluorescent
(I clearly know nothing about fungus except that I like some types on
salad) such as Flou-3-AM but I don't know if the fungus has the
appropriate enzymes or not.

Paul Goodwin
Image Analysis Lab
FHCRC, Seattle, WA