CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:48:34 +0100

Sam Wang wrote:
> In an act of shameless self-promotion, I feel compelled to
>cite one particularly insightful paper:

I allow myself to do the same: A general problem with this sort of
distributions is that it is often assumed that gene signals are independent
structures and that their distribution can be reflected by points. However
this is not the case: they are part of chromosome territories and a large
chromosome territory (e.g. #1) results in other geometrical constrains than
a small territory (e.g. #21). For more information see the two papers

Münkel, C., R. Eils, J. Imhoff, S. Dietzel, C. Cremer, und T. Cremer
(1995). Simulation of the distribution of chromosome targets in cell nuclei
under topological constraints. Bioimaging 3: 108-120.

Dietzel, S., E. Weilandt, R. Eils, C. Münkel, C. Cremer, und T. Cremer
(1995). Three-dimensional distribution of centromeric or paracentromeric
heterochromatin of chromosomes 1, 7, 15 and 17 in human lymphocyte nuclei
studied with light microscopic axial tomography. Bioimaging 3: 121-133.

I'll be happy to send you the reprints if you are interested. (Please send
a request to me and not to the list.....)

Hope this helps

Steffen Dietzel

Steffen Dietzel

Dr. Steffen Dietzel
Zentrum fuer molekulare Biologie Heidelberg (ZMBH)
University of Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 282
69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49/6221/54-6836 or -6879. Fax: -5893
listservmail:[log in to unmask]
personal mail: [log in to unmask]