CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
"Julie R. Hens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 19:40:37 -0500
Linda, ive used a vibratome to try to freshly cut mammary gland tissue. I
also had a hard time. You could try to surround your tissue with a high
percent agarose containg block.. thats supose to help. also you can glue
(elmers) the tissue to the platform to hold it in place, just dont use
that part of the tissue for further studies. Good luck.
What i eventually used was a tissue chopper. and if your careful with it,
you shouldnt get to much autofluorescence.
good luck
Julie