CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1997

From:
Patty Jansma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:58:05 -0700
We are using Hypaque as a mounting/clearing agent for our DiI/DiO
preps and works as well as anything we have tried. The vibratome
sections need to be viewed and data sets collected on the confocal within
2-3 hours of being cut. We have collected them as late as 12 hours after
cutting and mounting but they have started to bleed by then. If there is a
better clearing agent for the lipid soluble dyes, I would be interested.

Patty Jansma                                    Tel:520-621-6671
Arizona Research Labs Division of Neurobiology
University of Arizona