CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1997

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:13:50 CST
I'm not sure about Photoshop, but you can do this with the more recent
versions of NIH Image. The people who put together the Image Processing
Handbook have produced a CD-ROM which turns Photoshop into an image
processing program - we have ordered it but have not got it yet - I would
be surprised if it does not include Fourier filters. We certainly have used
Fourier filters in Image a lot to reduce digital camera noise with good
success.

Hope that helps,
IAN

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:08:47 -0600, 314 wrote:

>Does anyone know of a location on the Web where I might obtain a Fourier filter plug
>in for Photoshop?  I am trying to remove the scan lines from a confocal image that
>was acquired under "less than optimum" conditions from a specimen that is difficult
>to obtain.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
>Dave Beebe
Professor Ian Gibbins                         Flinders Microscopy &
Department of Anatomy and Histology            Image Analysis Facility
Flinders University of South Australia
GPO Box 2100 Adelaide 5001                    Centre for Neuroscience
AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61-8-2045271
FAX:    +61-8-2770085
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]