CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1997

From:
aloisia t schmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 22:08:06 GMT
Dear newsgroup,

      We used to use a phaser printer to print figures for publication but
recently switched to a digital image printer manufactured by Fuji.  For
the most part, I like it very much---it makes actual photographic prints
that are glossy and beautiful, you rarely have problems matching what you
see on the computer with what prints out and all in all it is very nice.

      There are a couple of problems that I am not happy about however.

      The biggest one is that you can only print from Photoshop, via the
export command.  I prefer printing from Freehand;  I like making images in
Photoshop, but I like adding fairly complex graphics in Freehand and those
graphics then look pixelated when printing from Photoshop.  This is only
true when I enlarge the image to fit the print page;  if I leave it small,
it looks better.  I am wondering if anyone know of any way to alter this
printer so you can print from something other than Photoshop---macros or
something like that that you can load?

                           Thanks in advance!

                                 Alice Schmid

P.S.  I just got my lens back from nikon and also have the silicon dam
they sent me to try out on the oil immersion lens oil-seepage problem.  I
will be able to report back next week on how those work.