CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1997

Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 09:10:41 CST
Sathya,

NIH Image will certainly capture images as TIFF files easily - and it is a
free program (see http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image/). In its standard
form, I don't think you can set a time interval to capture images, but you
should be able to write a macro to do it - have a look at the Image
archives to see if anyone has done it already...

hope that helps,
IAN

On Fri, 30 May 1997 16:39:37 -0400, Sathya wrote:

>        I have a Power-PC connected to a CCD camera and I have live
>        cells on slide and I would like to capture image frames every
>        20 minutes and the images preferably saved in the Tiff format. Is
>        there a software that works on mac that can do this job? The
>        Flix and other capture softwares can take movies which will
>        create one big file of the movies. Another software I have
>        is Photocapture which also does not capture single frames
>        at a specified time. I want this on for a PowerPC. On the
>        Zeiss Confocal software, there is an option under Time series
>        where such an option exists. I would appreciate if any of
>        you know a similar software for mac which can capture images
>        at regular interval and save them as a Tiff file.
>
>        thanks
>        sathya
Professor Ian Gibbins                         Flinders Microscopy &
Department of Anatomy and Histology            Image Analysis Facility
Flinders University of South Australia
GPO Box 2100 Adelaide 5001                    Centre for Neuroscience
AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61-8-2045271
FAX:    +61-8-2770085
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]