CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
Owen SCHWARTZ <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:00:00 GMT
      A bit late, but better than never.

   We have been using an HP 4020i cd writer for the past year or two
without any failures.  It runs on its own scsi card in a 100mhz
pentium machine.  When we installed the cd writer we also installed a
1.2 Gb hard disk to hold all the files to be written to the cd.  This
way there are no interruptions or delays in the writer finding files
during the writing session.  We also take the precaution of not
logging into the building network when beginning the actual writing
session.  The network mail messages and warnings might interrupt the
writing.  Certainly we use the network to transfer files to the
machine with the writer, just not during the actual write session.
In the past one to two years we haven't lost a single cd.

Owen M. Schwartz

Owen M. Schwartz PhD
Research School of Biological Sciences
The Australian National University