CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
"Simon C. Watkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:56:34 -0400
Hi Folks,
    A little good news for those of us unwilling/unable to pay $6
billion for a RIP to network the Fujix printer.  A company called
Techpool software in Cleveland (www.techpool.com) have produced a RIP
which costs $490 and seems to work pretty darn well.  This allows
printing from any application or across the network.  The way the
networked system works is like the Lasergraphics sildemaker, you mount a
"hot" or watched folder and save printjobs to that folder and a TSR on
the computer with the printer watches that queue for jobs.  Works pretty
well in our hands (though we are still using the demo, which you can get
from the web site)

BTW I have no interest in this company etc etc
Simon

--
Simon C. Watkins Ph.D.
Associate Professor