CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
Paul Krumpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:35:37 -0500

   Subject: Re: changing default merge color

--This is a reply from a commercial vendor--

Bill Monroe wrote:

>We have encountered a similar problem of merging DIC
>transmitted/Fluorescent images and still maintaining the black and white
>image as has been recently posted.

>I am recording dual images on a Leica TCS NT confocal microscope. The right
>channel is transmitted light, the left channel is a FITC
>label. I would like to merge the two images but maintain the transmitted
>image as black and white, not the pseudocolor that is the default.

>Leica indicates that unfortunately that is the way it is. The bottom left,
>tiled image is a RGB image. No way to create a BW image over a colored
>image.

>Adobe Photo shop has been suggested.

>Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

This process is readily accomplished with our software, IPLab
Spectrum/IPLab for Windows, and add-on Extension module, MultiProbe.
These are now available for both Macintosh and Windows (95 and NT4.0)
platforms.

With MultiProbe you can have up to 6 colored layers in addition to a
greyscale layer. IPLab also utilizes the the full data range of your
images, whether 8- or 16-bit.

Check out the demo software on our web site <www.iplab.com/sac>, and/or
contact me with any questions.

Paul Krumpe