CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1997

From:
Susana Zanello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:22:15 -0500
Hello all,
use Prolong Antifade, and get, in general, very good results on cell
culture preps (my usual dyes are Oregon Green and propidium iodide or
relatives). However, let me take advantage of the subject being on and ask:
has anyone had occasional trouble with it? Because I have. Sometimes, with
no apparent reason (read as: "I don't know, but someone may"), the mounted
slides turn yellowish as seen directly by the eye, and under the
microscope, everything is fuzzy, almost as if the fluoresent dyes had
"leaked" and were evenly distributed throughout the prep in and out of the
cells. It looks really bad, and as I said, I cannot identify the cause and
in this way I lose preps at random. HELP!

        Thanks!
                                Susi