CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1997

From:
Erik Manders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:49:38 +0000
> I would be interested to hear how other people in this group do their
> segmentation.  Does anyone know of any routines that are semi-automated,
> iterative and work well with confocal data?.

Dear Craig,
When I worked in Amsterdam, we developed an algorithm for the
segmentation of confocal images containing multiple 'spots' with
different intensities and now and then very close to each other (DNA
replication patterns). It is now known as the 'Largest Contour
Segmentation'. You find a paper about this LCS method in
Cytometry (1996) Vol.23, p15-21. In would be very interesting
to compare your method with the LCS. If you want to, I can look
what I can do to get the source code for you.
Erik Manders
Nuclear Structure and Function Group
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
Oxford University