CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1997

From:
Anthony G Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 11:45:02 -0600
I cannot too strongly emphasize the importance of using regulated
uninterruptible power supplies.  Buy a good one, there are several good
manufacturers.  They pay back their cost outlay many times over, and over
the long run you can replace the big battery inside for a fraction of the
original cost of the UPS.  However of course you still need the capacity
to run the unit.  Without the ability to deliver clean reliable power
repeatedly at high enough current and voltage you will live a miserable
life trying to run this sort of equipment.  I have no idea if this
pertains to your general problem, but I can say from much experience, that
you have to cover this point, and cover it well.  It is the foundation of
the system, and you must treat it that way.

*       Anthony Moss                    voice  (334)844-9257            *
*       101 Cary Hall                   fax    (334)844-4065            *
*       Zoology and Wildlife Science    email  [log in to unmask]  *
*       Auburn University                                               *
*       Auburn, AL 36849                                                *