CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

From:
Chris MacLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:47:50 -0500
May I first state that this message is from a comercial vendor, VayTek.

We develop and sell VoxBlast; 3D Volume Visualisation & Measurement
software.

references on determining the 3d volume of an attached cell using CLSM?"

As has already been mentioned in previous messages, VoxBlast performs Volume
Measurements. The cell is a sub-volume of your volume.  You place a seed in
the
sub-volume and specify the gray scale threshold value for the edge of the
sub-volume or
cell.  VoxBlast then automatically calculates the volume of the cell. We
hope this
explanation helps.

If you have any additional questions, you can contact us directly, unless of
course you feel the question may benefit other confocalists (or if you
prefer,
visit our web page at www.vaytek.com, where you will find additional
information
 about our products as well as access a free demo version of the software).

Thank you.

Chris MacLean, Ph.D.
VayTek, Inc.
305 West. Lowe, Suite 109