CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1999

Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 08:31:47 EST
Dear Confocalists,
I am in the process of buying a confocal system and would like to
solicit your opinions about the most suitable systems out there. I
have experience primarily with the Zeiss LSM410 and 510 systems. I
will be using the system to do physiology experiments on live cells
so it is important that the system be able to accept an external
trigger pulse for image collection. However, the system will also be
available for other users for regular confocal work with fixed
specimens. To make things more complex we are working with a
relatively small budget as far as confocal is concerned.
What do you think would be the best and most economical system for
such application?
Your input is greatly appreciated.
-Khaled

P.S. If you are concerned about turning this into a debate about
different commercial systems please respond directly to my email.

Khaled Machaca, Ph.D.
Department of Cell Biology
Emory University
1648 Pierce Drive