CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1999

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 19:02:08 +0200
We also get our 96 coverglass well plates from Polyfiltronics - if we get them.
If you are planning an experiment around christmas, it is definately not too
early to order now, but maybe to late. The actual product worked fine for us,
but we would love to hear from an alternative source with faster shipment.

I've heard that Nalgene has threehundred-something plates, but I didn't check
this out, it may be just a rumor.

Steffen

--- Beat Ludin <[log in to unmask]> schrieb:
> Whatman Polyfiltronics (www.polyfiltronics.com) makes
> coverglass-bottom 96-well plates. The ones we received had "Evotec"
> printed on them, so I assume they were designed for fluorescence
> correlation spectroscopy. They work mostly alright for cells
> (although I suspect that the glass is not clean enough for longterm
> neuronal culture). Pretty expensive, especially if you are doing
> routine assays.

===
Dr. Steffen Dietzel
Dept. of Cell and Structural Biology
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
601 S. Goodwin Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: +1/217/333-8372  Fax: +1/217/244-1648
e-mail: [log in to unmask] Web:  http://www.life.uiuc.edu/belmont/dietzel