CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1999

From:
Ian Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:59:40 +1000
Greg Joss wrote:

> >Using software (Simple 32, v. 2.0) that came with our CLSM, we are able
> >to take intensity values for each pixel and place them in a
> >spreadsheet.
> >However, it does not seem possible to place these values back into an
> >image.  The only way, that I have found, to graph these pixel values is
> >by Excel which obviously does not give the best image quality.  Does
> >anyone know of a program that can take intensity values for each pixel
> >from a spreadsheet format and then return these values back to an
> >image?
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >Michael Roper
> >University of Florida
> >Department of Chemistry
> >PO Box 117200
> >Gainesville, FL 32611
> >352-846-0838
>
> In a Mac environment, Object-Image would be the way to go; if wintel
> then Scion Image available via NIH-Image webpages will also happily do
> this with Excel. Both are freely available and based on public domain
> NIH-Image.
>
> Object-Image
> ------------
> by Norbert Vischer,  University of Amsterdam
> e-mail:    [log in to unmask]
> www:       http://simon.bio.uva.nl/object-image.html
> ftp:       ftp://simon.bio.uva.nl/pub/
>
> This program is based on Wayne Rasband's
> NIH Image
> ---------
> www:        http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image
> ftp:        ftp://codon.nih.gov/pub/nih-image/
> mailing list: [log in to unmask]
>
> Greg Joss,
> School of Biological Sciences, Phone:(61)(2) 9850 8212 Fax: 9850 8174
> Macquarie University,          Email [log in to unmask]
> North Ryde, (Sydney,) NSW 2109, Australia

Yes, I can confirm that Scion Image (freely avail from
http://www.scioncorp.com)
will export intensities from images (use the export as text command) and
also import/recreate images from text. Save the excel spreadsheet as a
tab delimited text file and then import as text file in Scion Image.
Works like a good dream.

Ian.

--
Dr Ian S. Harper
Confocal Microscopy Facility
Department of Biological Sciences
Monash University, Clayton, Vic 3168, Australia
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +61 3 9905 5635;  Fax: +61 3 9905 5613