CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1999

From:
Milton Charlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:52:25 -0400
Is there any consensus on which manufacturer's emission filters have the
highest transmittance?  I want to replace emission filters on our Biorad
600.  Has anyone noticed any improvement when emission filters were replaced?
 I have also noticed that the 488nm excitation filter looks burnt at
a particular viewing angle.  Replacing this gave a little more light but
we always use the densest ND filter for excitation anyway so this did not
help much.
Thanks
Milton Charlton

Milton P. Charlton
Professor
Physiology Department, Med.Sci. Bldg. 3232
MRC Group
University of Toronto
1 King's College Circle
Toronto, ON, M5S1A8