CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

Sender:
From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:24:31 -0800
I've had digital C prints (standard color photographs) made up to 18" at a
cost of approx. $60 at a professional photo lab (Duggall) in New York City.
 (For these the files had to be a minimum of 25 MB for decent resolution.)
There are a whole clump of photo labs that handle this stuff right off
Fifth Ave. around 18th or 19th St.
They also show lots of other options for prints at varying sizes, costs and
qualities.  There are even industrial prints that can make acrylic paint
inkjet prints billboard size (I saw this done back in 1987), but I don't
know the cost.

At 10:42 AM 11/24/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear colleagues,
>Does anyone have a source for making large digital prints (from 20 x 20
inch and
>up to up to 48 x 48 inch) that are more stable than those made by the common
>ink-jet poster making machines? Perhaps a process that has a photographic
print
>as the end product.

*  Michael Cammer * Analytical Imaging Facility * Albert Einstein  *
*  College of Medicine * 1300 Morris Park Ave. * Bronx, NY  10461  *
*  (718) 430-2890  *  work URL:  http://www.ca.aecom.yu.edu/aif/   *
*  mirror URL:  http://aifsgi1.aecom.yu.edu/~aif/aif/welcome.html  *
*  personal URL:  http://cammer.home.mindspring.com/               *