CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
"RAHBARI, RAMIN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:50:09 -0500
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to put AOTF's in an epi-fluorescent microscope?
Yes, but you have to compensate for the loss of light.  What are you going
to use as an Ex. source?  AOTF work well with lasers but you have to
augment/compensate with HBO.

Is it possible to reconfigure this scope with AOTF's
Are you talking two AOTFs, Ex, and Em.  I would suspect that the Em light
would be too weak for an Em side AOTF (even with the most elaborate
compensation routines)

Ramin Rahbari
PARKE-DAVIS Pharmaceutical Research
Pathology and Experimental Toxicology