CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
Xuejun Sun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:28:49 -0700
Hi everyone:

Metamorph is a 2D software. Iit's primary strength is in data acquisition and 2-d image
analysis.

Imaris is a true 3-D software which, of course, requires much more computational power.

We have Metamorph and I am having demo of Imaris. They are software designed for
different purspose even though you can do limited thing with both. It really depends on
your need. For 3-D image processing, Imaris is by far the most powerful one I have seen.
Nevertheless, we do a lot thing with Metamorph as it is easy to use for most routine
users.

My 2 cents,

Xuejun