Lars Benson just called to report that the adult Glaucous-winged Gull has been refound at Canal Park. Peder Svingen Duluth On Dec 22, 2011 3:02 PM, "Karl Bardon" wrote: > Beginning at 9:43 this morning, I have been studying an apparent adult > Glaucous-winged Gull at Canal Park, Duluth, St. Louis County. I say > apparent because of the many complications inherent in identifying large > gulls, especially this species. Since Glaucous-winged Gull forms hybrid > swarms with multiple other species of gulls (including Glaucous, Western > and Herring), where the majority of some local populations are actually > hybrids, great must be taken when identifying this species out of range. > For now I have posted a single photo on MOU recently seen, but will include > a more in depth analysis on my pbase gull pages (www.pbase.com/karlbardon > ). > > Karl Bardon > Duluth, MN > > ---- > Join or Leave mou-net: http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net > Archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mou-net.html >