AMSA-LIST Archives

November 2003

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Joshua Rhein [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 18:37:39 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_42a7_6318_7cd9

Re: Political Leadership Institute

National AMSA is sponsoring another Political Leadership Institute, this
time focusing on Global Health.  Unlike most AMSA-sponsored events, the
application process is competitive, being open to only 12 students
nationwide.  The U of M has been successful in sending representation, and
often more than one student has been interested in applying.  In the past,
the process toward applying has been unclear, so we have decided to
implement the following process: students interested in applying should
notify us by Monday (application due Nov. 20).  After we have identified all
interested students, we will work with Dean Vercellotti to decide which
student our school should nominate, which may require you to send us more
information.  Since the application process is competitive nationally, we
will try to nominate the student that would best represent our medical
school.  The attendee will be expected to share the knowledge they have
gained with our chapter and the rest of the school.  If you have any
questions, please feel free to contact us.

With this in mind, please review the following message if you are interested
in global health issues.  If you are interested in applying to this PLI,
please reply back to Josh Rhein ([log in to unmask]) or Cuong Pham

Thanks and Keep up the good work!

Josh Rhein