AMSA-LIST Archives

October 2011

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Carrie Evavold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carrie Evavold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:15:20 -0500
Hi AMSA,

The pre-med AMSA group on campus is hosting a wonderful event on October
29th. See the message below for more details.

I've worked with Feed My Starving Children in the past and it's a wonderful
experience! I hope you can help out!

Carrie Evavold
AMSA co-president
MS2

On be half of Pre-Med AMSA we would like to invite AMSA to come help us pack
100,000 meals for the children of Africa at the U of MN Fieldhouse on Saturday
October 29th, 2011. This is the first ever U of MN Feed My Starving Children
MobilePack Event (www.fmsc.org) and we need your help! Since July 2011,
there has been over 30,000 children under the age of 5 who have died from
starvation due to the Horn of Africa Famine. Come help, by packing food with
your friends for two hours! We need 500 volunteers, every volunteer counts to
make this day possible! We will also be providing FREE food for all of our
volunteers!

Cost: FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!

How to Register:
1. Visit: http://volunteer.fmsc.org/Register/mobilepack/event.aspx?
event=1110-126
2. Click "Reserve a spot for myself" (You will need to create an account in order
to register so that you can receive a confirmation email)
3. Choose your desired shift.

How to Donate:
1. Donate $10 using this donation link: https://www.fmsc.org/SSLPage.aspx?
pid=447&event=1109-126
2. Upon donating, you will receive an email from FMSC confirming your
donation. Forward the email to Matt Palm at [log in to unmask] with your
t-shirt size. You will be guaranteed the size you email!
Current information and schedule will be posted at
http://umnpremed.com/events/ in the coming weeks. Information about FMSC
and the Horn of Africa Famine can be found at this link:
http://www.fmsc.org/mealsforafrica.

Thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or our
volunteer coordinator Matt Palm at [log in to unmask]