AMSA-LIST Archives

June 2004

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Sarah Shoemaker [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:17:05 -0500
--=====================_1053647384==_.ALT

>Bridging the Healthcare Gap
>National Healthcare Action Day
>

>Rally and March to the BRIDGE for
>A PUBLICLY-FUNDED HEATHCARE Program
>For MINNESOTA, and to KEEP HCMC PUBLIC
>

>cities across the U.S. from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Brooklyn Bridge.
>Join us in highlighting the Health Care Crisis in Minnesota and the U.S.
>

>Saturday, JUNE 19TH 2004,
>12:00 NOON
>OUTSIDE HENNEPIN COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER 701 Park Avenue, Downtown
>Minneapolis, (Near Metrodome)
>

>MN HEALTH CARE FACTS: 1)HCMC is the last remaining PUBLIC hospital in the
>Twin Cities and serves the largest number of uninsured in MN; 2) 400,000
>Minnesotans, including 90,000 MN children are uninsured; 3) 325,000 MN
>Seniors have NO prescription drug coverage; 4) Safety Net for tens of
>thousands was affected when Governor Pawlenty cut $200 million from public
>assistance programs in 2003, primarily eliminating woman and children from
>coverage.
>
>SPONSORS: American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
>(AFSCME) 977, AFSCME 3800, AFSCME 1726, MN Universal Health Care Action
>Network, Service Employees International Union 113
>

>FFI contact: MN Universal Health Care Action Network
>612-384-0973;or AFSCME Council 14 at 651-287-0571;
>

>On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 01:49 PM, joel m. albers wrote:
>
>>Attached is the flyer for the National Health Care action Day, Saturday,
>>June 19th. It's not the flashiest flyer, but the info's there. Shawn,
>>Kathy and myself drew it up based on decisions made at the mtg
>>Wednesday.   Please print or forward and distribute widely. This event is
>>only one week away. If more organizations want to sponsor pls  add to the
>>list and let me know so that i can add it to the info on the www.
>>bridgingthegapforhealthcare.org.
>>
>><flyer bridgeHCGAP.doc>_______________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe please follow this link
>><http://www.custominter.net/mailman/options/uhcan-mn-list>http://www.custominter.net/mailman/options/uhcan-mn-list
>>

>>IMPORTANT: If you wish NOT to recieve any emails yet remain a list member
>>please log in with the following link and disable the "Mail Delivery"
>>option for your profile.

--=====================_1053647384==_.ALT

Rally and March to the BRIDGE for <br>
A PUBLICLY-FUNDED HEATHCARE Program <br>
For MINNESOTA, and to KEEP HCMC PUBLIC <br>
the Brooklyn Bridge. Join us in highlighting the Health Care Crisis in
Minnesota and the U.S. <br>
12:00 NOON <br>
Avenue, Downtown Minneapolis, (Near Metrodome) <br>
MN HEALTH CARE FACTS: 1)HCMC is the last remaining PUBLIC hospital in the
Twin Cities and serves the largest number of uninsured in MN; 2) 400,000
Minnesotans, including 90,000 MN children are uninsured; 3) 325,000 MN
Seniors have NO prescription drug coverage; 4) Safety Net for tens of
thousands was affected when Governor Pawlenty cut $200 million from
public assistance programs in 2003, primarily eliminating woman and
children from coverage. <br>
SPONSORS: American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
(AFSCME) 977, AFSCME 3800, AFSCME 1726, MN Universal Health Care Action
Network, Service Employees International Union 113 <br>
FFI contact: MN Universal Health Care Action Network <br>
612-384-0973;or AFSCME Council 14 at 651-287-0571;&nbsp; <br>
On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 01:49 PM, joel m. albers wrote: <br>
National Health Care action Day, Saturday, June 19th. It's not the
flashiest flyer, but the info's there. Shawn, Kathy and myself drew it up
based on decisions made at the mtg Wednesday.&nbsp;&nbsp; Please print or
forward and distribute widely. This event is only one week away. If more
organizations want to sponsor pls&nbsp; add to the list and let me know
so that i can add it to the info on the www.
bridgingthegapforhealthcare.org. <br>
&lt;flyer
To unsubscribe please follow this link <br>
IMPORTANT: If you wish NOT to recieve any emails yet remain a list member please log in with the following link and disable the &quot;Mail Delivery&quot; option for your profile. <br>