AMSA-LIST Archives

May 2004

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Angie Fryer [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 14:24:20 CDT
Hi everyone,

I wanted to send everyone a quick update.  Jeannette, Lucie and I have met
and started the transition process with your new fearless leaders
including: the three of us (as tri-presidents), Jeremy Bennett (secretary),
and Matt Miller (treasurer).

We'll be meeting next Wednesday during lunch at the Outside In Cafe.  We
can move to a quieter place if necessary.  The first item on our to-do list
is to start making plans for the regional conference that we will be
hosting this fall.  So here's a quick agenda of items to discuss:

•	Brainstorm themes
•	Fundraising (the last conference in St. Louis was $15K)
•	Speakers
•	Publicity/logistics
•	Possible interaction with UMD and Mayo
•	Set a date for our first general meeting to discuss our action committees
for next year

We’d like to form committees for the fundraising, speaker ideas,
publicity/logistics.

Also if anyone is interested in traveling to S. Dakota next weekend to drum
up democratic support, please let us know and we’ll put you in touch with
the right people to make arrangements.  FYI, we’re not endorsing this even
(as to avoid being a political group), but just want to pass the word on.

Thanks and see ya next Wednesday!

Angie