AMSA-LIST Archives

November 2002

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 02:59:02 -0600
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the email and for organizing the student panel.  I have a
suggestion:  Perhaps the lunch lecture could also include students with
experience with HIV/AIDS organizations in the US (particularly MN) as many
people would probably be interested in hearing about opportunities and
experiences nearby.  Perhaps a mix of domestic and international experiences
and opportunities in the field of HIV/AIDS would be good as I think there
are probably folks out there who have interesting experiences domestically
and folks who may be interested in getting involved locally and
internationally.

If the lunch lecture would be open to hearing about domestic experiences, I
would be interested in being on the panel to talk about my experiences as an
HIV test counselor at the Berkeley Free Clinic and about my experience as a
rider and fundraiser for the California AIDS Ride from SF to LA.  I could
also talk a little bit about the HIV/AIDS situation in Vietnam, particularly
how it relates to TB and also about a Vietnam-Harvard-CDC AIDS Partnership
project I know about that is just being started in Vietnam.  Just let me
know.  Thanks.

Quy