AMSA-LIST Archives

October 2007

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Rhamy Magid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rhamy Magid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:20:02 -0500
Hello all,

Despite the need, the will and the voices of the people, the
President's veto of reauthorization of SCHIP at funding levels that
we know are necessary and appropriate was upheld today by an
extremely narrow margin.  The final vote was 273 to 156 in favor of
overriding the veto, just short of the two thirds needed.  Below,
I've listed our Minnesota representatives and their votes on
overriding the veto.  I encourage each of you to find the
representative of your district and call him or her to offer your
opinion (positive or negative) of his or her vote.  Finally, I'd like
to gauge everyone's interest in organizing a protest at the St. Paul
offices of those who voted against SCHIP (there are only two of
them).  Let me know if there's interest and we can get the ball rolling.

District - Name
01 - Timothy J. Walz (D) - Yea
02 - John Kline (R) - Nay
03 - Jim Ramstad (R) - Yea