AMSA-LIST Archives

January 2011

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Divya Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Divya Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:52:55 -0600
"The Clinical Trial as Pharmaceutical Marketing Tool" Carl
Elliott<http://www.ahc.umn.edu/bioethics/facstaff/elliott_c/home.html>,
Center for Bioethics, University of Minnesota
abstract<http://www.mcps.umn.edu/events/colloquia.html#elliott>
*JANUARY 21, 2011
*Tate Laboratory of Physics
*Refreshments* at 3:15 in Room 216
*Talk* at 3:30 in Room 131

Earlier this week, AMSA hosted a lunch lecture with Carl Elliot, who spoke
on the topic of PharmFree <http://www.pharmfree.org/> (keeping marketing and
pharmaceutical companies out of medical decision-making).  Because of the
scheduling info session that day, most second years weren't able to make
it.  Luckily, he will be speaking on campus again, next Friday afternoon.
It was an INCREDIBLE talk, that I highly recommend.  See below for a little
more info.

Additionally, we will be hosting a Policy and a Pint event with Carl Elliot
in the upcoming weeks, to continue the discussion that began on Monday.
Stay tuned for the when and where of that event!

--
Divya Sood
University of Minnesota Medical School, Year 2