AMSA-LIST Archives

January 2005

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Lucie Turcotte [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:21:51 CST
Hi AMSA Members:

If you are thinking about going to the National Convention in Washington,
DC (March 17-20), please consider applying for the positions listed below
my email--it provides you with a registration fee waiver, which saves over
$115!  These positions take up a minimal amount of time and are a great
experience.  If you have any questions, email me ([log in to unmask]).  Take
note of the deadline for applying for the positions listed below: JANUARY
17.  We will have a meeting next week to go over convention details, but
please take a few minutes to apply to these positions in the meantime
(www.amsa.org/conv/forms.cfm).

Thanks,
Lucie

> There are only 5 days until January 17th, the due date for resolutions
> and applications for HOD committees! If you are interested in saving $$
for=
> convention and getting a FANTASTIC experience, please spread the word to
> your chapter:
>
> 1) Apply to be on a House of Delegates committee!
> http://www.amsa.org/conv/forms.cfm
>       * The REFERENCE committees review all the resolutions and present
testimony to the entire HOD. TIme commitment will be primarily Thursday
and will not interfere with other programming.
>       * The NOMINATIONS committee is in charge of national elections.
Time
> commitment is around 5 hours with training on Thursday.
>       * The CREDENTIALS committee makes sure that certain rules of the
HOD
> are followed and credentials delegates. Time commitment is around 5 hours
> with training on Thursday.
>
> Apply today! If you are selected as a committee member, you will have
your registration fee for convention WAIVED! That's $125+!! Plus, it's a
great experience to learn more about AMSA and get experience with the HOD.
Please
> email Leana Wen [log in to unmask] for more information.
>
> 2) Apply for a national position! Become the next AMSA National
President,
> Vice President, Treasurer, Trustee-at-Large, Action Committee Trustee or
> consider many regional positions (Regional Trustee, Associate Regional
> Trustee) or coordinator positions on each of AMSA's 6 Action Committees
>  and many interest groups. Visit http://www.amsa.org/conv/electionapp.cfm
or email Kara Durand [log in to unmask] for more information.

> 3) Submit a resolution--also before January 17th--and make CHANGE in
AMSA!
> We have policy on universal access to healthcare and residency work hour
> reform because a medical student like you decided that we need to
something about an issue in healthcare. Write a resolution, and make change
within
> and outside of AMSA! More informatino can be found at
> http://www.amsa.org/conv/onlineresolution.cfm, or you can email
> [log in to unmask] for more info.
>
> Thank you for passing along this information to all of your members. We
look forward to seeing you at Convention!