EMIG-LIST Archives

January 2006

EMIG-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
leba0022 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emergency Medicine Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:21:22 CST
Hey Andy,
Thanks for taking the time to do this stuff for the group.

I'm not sure I can make the 1/24 meeting (I have a previous commitment that
night) but am really interested in getting a "big buddy".  I've been
shadowing a friend at Fairview ER (a 20 year veteran, not a resident), but
it would be cool to pair with someone in a Level 1 setting and with a
different perspective (like a resident, earlier in the process) just to get
a further sense of whether or not I want to invest my extracurricular,
research, extra time in ER med or something else.

Sorry for long email, but do think I might still be able to sign up for
this matching even if I can't make the meeting?

Hope all's good and that the little ones are keeping your spirits up.

~Carter

On 11 Jan 2006, Andy Schippel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I hope that you all had a nice Christmas and New Years.  Couple of
> announcements below.  You should glance over this- lots of info.
>
> (FYI: we are using a new email system, so I apologize for any issues that
> may arise)
>

> We have a meeting coming up Tuesday, January 24.  It is going to be at
> 5:30pm at our usual location in McNamara.  The MEMF meeting will follow
with
> a presentation as normal.
>

> During our meeting, Johanna will be giving a short description about the
> different Emergency Medicine organizations.  She is going to include what
we
> get for joining and what the benefits for students are.  Many of us
wonder
> about the different organizations and if we should join, which one and
when.
> This short talk will enlighten you with great wisdom.  You should not
miss
> it.
>

> We are also going to be talking about a big buddy/little buddy program
that
> is getting started.  This involves getting paired up with a resident.  I
> will give out information and have a sign up sheet for people that are
> interested.  This is different than our current mentor program.
>

> There was a short discussion about a social this month, this is probably
> going to be in February.  We will talk about the plans during the
meeting.

> We are going to be having an Ultrasound workshop soon.  This is going to
be
> held at HCMC, probably on a Saturday.  As soon as I get the date, I will
> send out an email.
>

> We have a lunch lecture on February 7 in Moos 2-650.  It is an
entertaining
> lecture that is case based and involves graphic pictures and discussion.
It