EMIG-LIST Archives

February 2007

EMIG-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Jodi Renner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 19:49:25 -0600
Here's what we discussed at the EMIG meeting last week.

1. Workshops - We are looking into putting together two workshops this
spring. One option is to have an EKG interpretation workshop. Another
possiblity is learning about bio/emergency preparedness and the Volunteer
Emergency Disaster Response Team. These workshops will be in the evening.
If anyone in interested in helping with planning these events, please let
me know.

2. Lunch Lectures - The EM/IM resident directors and residents from HCMC
will be here on the 27th of Feb. We are considering having Dr. Rusnak talk
about the "Oddities of the ER" or have someone come in to talk about OB
emergencies later this spring.

3. Volunteering - We are still shooting for a date to do Cook for the Kids.
We've had some scheduling difficulties with them. If that doesn't work out,
we'll try the Boys and Girls Club.

4. Regents E-mail - If you would like to receive e-mails from the ED staff
at Regents Hospital, please e-mail Karah ([log in to unmask]). These e-mails
will provide you with information about events such as journal club,
conference, etc that are coming up.

5. Mentors - Several of you have been matched up with mentors. If you would
still like one and don't have one yet, please e-mail Karah

6. Professional Organizations - Johanna Moore prepared a very nice summary
of the different professional organizations for Emergency Medicine. Please
read their descriptions and benefits of joining in the attached e-mail.

7. Officers - If you are a first-year student, consider running for an EMIG
officer position. This year we have a President, VP, Treasurer, Volunteer
Coordinator, and Workshop Coordinator. Elections will be in late March or
April.

8. Journal Club - is on Tuesday at Dr. Rusnak's house, 7pm. Article titles
were e-mailed and the print copies are in 6th floor Mayo, Emergency Dept.
Let me know if you'd like to carpool this month.

9. Stabilization conference – is held Thursday mornings (7:30am) in room
110 Lower Level – Red at HCMC. Physicians present their most
unusual/learning cases of the week. Medical students are invited to attend.

10. The Match - we'd like to have the 4th years who matched in EM talk with
us about their experience. I think an end of year party would be a nice way
to say goodbye to them and learn what we can before they travel to new
places.

-Jodi