EMIG-LIST Archives

March 2004

EMIG-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
April Miller [log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:02:05 CST
1.  Guide to Emergency Medicine Residency Application Process
-This is this coming Friday, April 2, from 6-8:30 in the Regions Hospital
Ampitheater
-Looks to be a good evening, with lots of info on the EM Residency

2.  SAEM
-May 15-19 in Orlando, FL
-Dept of EM covers flight and hotel, you cover $50 registration fee
-Interested in attending?  Let Mary Ann McNeil ([log in to unmask]) or Maria
(beax0003) know by April 2nd if you haven't already.

3.  BLS Training Assistants
-Dept would still like students to do this in order to ofset some costs of
sending students to SAEM.  We don't have the schedule yet, so more info to
come.

4.  Crisis Nursery
-They've been busy, we've been busy, so nothing happening yet.
-Todd volunteers there anyway, and is going to work with Chris on setting
this up

5.  Elections
-Traditionally held in the fall, but should we do it in the spring?
-Thinking is that we should move this to spring, so that we can organize
before 1st year students come, and then pick a 1st year rep in the fall.
-At the next meeting, we will try to assess interest in positions, so that
we can vote at our last meeting for the year in May

6.  Lunch Lectures vs More Interactive Project?
-Lunch lectures are good, but everyone does them.  Can we do something
better?
-Getting funding would be easier if we had a more novel proposal.
-Ideas abounded, and the plan is to send you all a list and let you vote on
ideas.
-As a preview, ideas included:
     -workshop on splinting, IV, Ultrasound, other major topic
     -a pseudo M&M, with start-to-finish case presentation
     -Table Top-->mass disaster simulation

April I Miller
MS 2