GOFDANS Archives

February 2008

GOFDANS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Jukka Savolainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Government of Finland/David and Nancy Speer Professorship Events <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:12:20 -0600
Dear Colleague:

I am pleased to sponsor a talk by Professor Markus Jäntti here at the
UMN. It takes place at the Minnesota Population Center in March 27.

Dr. Jäntti is the research director of the Luxembourg Income Study - a
cross national comparative project to study welfare state outcomes. He
is currently a fellow at the Russell Sage Foundation, working on a book
about cross-national differences in socio-economic mobility. His talk at
the MPC will illustrate a new component of the LIS: The Luxembourg
Wealth Study. (See the MPC flyer attached).

The purpose of this email is two-fold:

1. To advertise this event for you and your network of peers. (I think
it's good to get this in your calendars early.)

2. To ask for your assistance in reaching out to the relevant
individuals on campus. Please let me know of any colleagues and/or
mailing lists that might be interested in cross-national comparative
research in political economy.

Thank you!

Jukka Savolainen