ISHPSB-L Archives

September 2019

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:59:22 -0400
Listserv for the International Society for the History, Philosophy,
and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only. For further details,
follow the link provided.

Please send me items at [log in to unmask] to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members: position announcements,
postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on
research topics. The sooner you send me something, the more likely
that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline. **Please
include a link to details, as we only send out a digest of brief
descriptions.**

Thanks!

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

PhD / Postdoc: The Institute of Philosophy I, Ruhr University Bochum,
seeks applications for one Post-Doc and two PhD Students (for 3 years)
as part of the DFG-research group "The Return of the Organism in the
Biosciences" (PI Jan Baedke). Deadline: 15 October 2019.
https://bit.ly/2HvI6Sy (postdoc)
https://bit.ly/2HwtQZE (PhD)

Job: The University of Utah Department of Philosophy, in collaboration
with the Office of Research Integrity and the Center for Clinical and
Translational Science, seeks to hire a tenure-line professor at the
rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin in Fall 2020. AOS is
open, with a particular interest in applicants who engage with ethical
issues that arise in the practice of research. Deadline: 15 October
2019.
https://bit.ly/2m2lQrJ

Job: The Department of Philosophy at the University of South Carolina
invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, position in the
area of philosophy of science, with a focus on biology, chemistry,
environment, or technology. Deadline: 1 November 2019.
https://bit.ly/2m43BSO

Job: The Department of History at the University of Scranton invites
applications for a tenure-track position in the History of Science and
Medicine.  A PhD in History (in hand by 31 August 2020), teaching
experience, and publications in the field of History of Science and
Medicine are all preferred. Deadline: 8 November 2019.
https://bit.ly/2mYjx9n

Job: The George Mason University Department of Philosophy invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in philosophy of science with a research and teaching
specialty in philosophy of the life sciences (e.g., biology, ecology)
or earth and atmospheric sciences that includes some focus on how
values impact the development or normative implications of the
science. Deadline: 8 November 2019.
https://bit.ly/2n3jjxr

**************************** End of announcements **************************

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname
 For example, if your name were Gregor Mendel:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Gregor Mendel

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
      SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

http://www.ishpssb.org/

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Email: [log in to unmask]