ISHPSB-L Archives

August 2000

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:17:02 -0500
Message from Lindley Darden

Dear ISHPSSB members,

Now that ISHPSSB 2001 is set for 8-22 July at Quinnipiac University,
Hamden, Connecticut, discussions are beginning about possible
sites and dates for ISHPSSB 2003. The still quite flexible deadline for
issuing invitations has been extended to October 1, 2000.  I will be
happy to discuss the issue by phone or email with any one. Copies
of the Guidelines for ISHPSSB Invitations (prepared by Lindley
Darden, Jane Maienschein, and Walter Bock) are available from me,

and should soon appear on the ISHPSSB Web Page,

http://www.phil.vt.edu/ishpssb/

Suggestions about dates to avoid are welcome. Obviously the July 4
weekend(s) are not good because they are expense travel
dates for those from the US.  Does anyone know other dates in summer
2003 that should  be avoided?

Thanks for your help,

Lindley Darden
President-Elect, ISHPSSB
Professor of Philosophy and in the
Committee on the History and Philosophy of Science

Mail to: Department of Philosophy
1125 A Skinner Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742 USA