ISHPSB-L Archives

June 2020

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 19:44:12 -0400
Listserv for the International Society for the History, Philosophy,
and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only. For further details,
follow the link provided.

Please send me items at [log in to unmask] to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members: position announcements,
postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on
research topics. The sooner you send me something, the more likely
that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline. **Please
include a link to details, as we only send out a digest of brief
descriptions.**

Thanks!

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

[Apologies to all those who sent in announcements that are now past
deadline -- we lost childcare when SARS-CoV-2 hit, and ISHPSSB
announcements were one of many things that fell by the wayside.]

Job: The School of Life Sciences at Arizona State University invites
applications for a full-time benefits-eligible lecturer position
beginning 16 August 2020. The successful candidate will be responsible
for developing and teaching undergraduate courses in bioethics
required for our Biomedical Sciences degree. Deadline: 26 June 2020.
https://bit.ly/2CdHukC

Job: The UCLA Department of History invites applications for a
tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in the
history of medicine. The chronological and geographical range are open
but they especially welcome candidates whose work includes a
transnational or global dimension, who are interested in the
technological and material aspects of medical practice, broadly
construed, and who think in an integrated way about the history of
science, technology and medicine and their place in a history
department. Deadline: 31 August 2020.
https://bit.ly/30Kkggd

New Archive: The Archives at the National Centre for Biological
Sciences in Bangalore, India is a collecting public archive for the
history of contemporary biology in India. They look forward to
receiving visitors, but they are also open to research queries via
email, and in many cases can send digitized material.
https://bit.ly/2N5D95g

Call for Papers: "Seeing Clearly Through COVID-19," a topical
collection (edited by G. Boniolo & L. Onaga) of the journal History
and Philosophy of the Life Sciences. Submissions are welcome from 15
August 2020 until 31 December 2020. All papers will be peer-reviewed
as soon as possible and will be published online immediately following
acceptance.
https://bit.ly/2BgDBut

Call for Papers: "Historical and Philosophical Perspectives on
COVID-19," a topical collection (edited by D. Teira & S. Leonelli) of
the journal History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences.
Submissionsare welcome from 15 August 2020 until 31 May 2021. All
papers will be peer-reviewed as soon as possible and will be published
online immediately following acceptance.
https://bit.ly/3fybKoO

Topical Essay: Elliott Sober, "Infectious Diseases and the Evolution
of Virulence," blog post at Auxiliary Hypotheses.
https://bit.ly/3d5kwsI

**************************** End of announcements **************************

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname
 For example, if your name were Gregor Mendel:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Gregor Mendel

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
      SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

http://www.ishpssb.org/

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Email: [log in to unmask]