ISHPSB-L Archives

October 2019

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:45:38 -0400
Sender:
Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Listserv for the International Society for the History, Philosophy,
and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only. For further details,
follow the link provided.

Please send me items at [log in to unmask] to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members: position announcements,
postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on
research topics. The sooner you send me something, the more likely
that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline. **Please
include a link to details, as we only send out a digest of brief
descriptions.**

Thanks!

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

Obituary: Karola Stotz (1963-2019); "Karola's legacy is both in her
work — a thoroughgoing philosophically naturalistic approach to
questions of ontology and causal explanation in biology — and in the
inspiration she provided to so many others in all the places she
worked and visited."
https://bit.ly/2JvYMdA

Call for Proposals: The ISHPSSB Off-Year Workshop Committee invites
proposals for off-year workshops taking place between April and
December 2020. While the society cannot provide financial support for
off-year workshops, it will provide publicity, advice to organizers,
and some funding to support graduate student travel. Deadline: 31
January 2020.
https://bit.ly/2q0fj2g

Job: The Department of Philosophy at the University of Sheffield
wishes to appoint to an open-ended lectureship in philosophy of
science (including philosophy of biology/medicine/cogsci), broadly
construed. Competence to teach on their Cognitive Studies MA is a
requirement of the post. Deadline: 17 November 2019.
https://bit.ly/2Prr1Oa

Fellowships: The Humanities Institute at the New York Botanical Garden
is pleased to offer three full-time, residential Research Fellowships
in 2020-21 for current Ph.D. students or recent post-doctoral
researchers. Candidates are invited to submit a proposal for
independent research in the environmental humanities, with a primary
focus on areas of inquiry that connect nature to the human experience.
Deadline: 6 January 2020.
https://bit.ly/2qM4tgM

**************************** End of announcements **************************

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname
 For example, if your name were Gregor Mendel:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Gregor Mendel

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
      SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

http://www.ishpssb.org/

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Email: [log in to unmask]