ISHPSB-L Archives

April 2017

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:50:35 -0400
Dear all,

As Secretary of ISHPSSB, I would like to announce the Spring
newsletter, available online here:

PDF: http://ishpssb.org/images/downloads/newsletters/News2017Sp.pdf

Plain Text: http://ishpssb.org/12-news/newsletters/162-newsletter-volume-28-no-1-issue-52-spring-2017

The São Paulo meeting is rapidly approaching, and the newsletter
includes some information for attendees.

The newsletter includes a call for nominations—of yourself or of
someone else—for the upcoming elections. Please help us to fill our
leadership positions! (Note: I would be happy to help someone,
especially a junior scholar or a colleague who would like to get more
involved in ISH, transition into the Secretary role if they would like
to gain some non-stressful professional leadership experience.)

Please be sure to see the section on ISH's official support for our
HPSSB colleagues in Mexico and Hungary, including information on how
you can offer individual support for their institutions.

Newsletter contents:

1) President's Corner

2) News about ISHPSSB 2017 São Paulo

3) News from the Nominations Committee (Nominate yourself or
colleagues for ISH officer positions!)

4) News from the Membership Development Committee

5) News from the Education Committee

6) Acknowledgement for ISHPSSB Donors

7) In Defense of Science Studies and Humanities in Hungary and Mexico
(Learn how you can help!)

As always, you can contact me about all things ISH-related at

Thank you,

Sean Valles
ISHPSSB Secretary

Sean A. Valles
Associate Professor
Lyman Briggs College and Dept. of Philosophy
Michigan State University
Holmes Hall
919 E. Shaw Lane, Room W25-C
East Lansing, MI 48825