ISHPSB-L Archives

November 1999

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:25:52 -0800
Alice Dreger, email:  [log in to unmask]

> Michigan State University invites applications for two (2) full-time, tenure-track positions, beginning fall 2000, as assistant professors in the Lyman Briggs School, an undergraduate, residential, liberal arts science program in the College of Natural Science. Candidates should have a PhD in the social study of science, technology, medicine, or the environment, or in the philosophical or ethical study of science, technology, medicine, or the environment, or in a related field. The ideal candidates will be particularly passionate about teaching, and will be expected to maintain an active and successful research program. The teaching load is four courses per year, including our Introduction to Science and Technology Studies and one or more upper-level courses in STS, all of which stress developing critical thinking and writing skills. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Letter of application, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a representative scholarly paper, a brief statement of teaching philosophy and a course syllabus reflecting that philosophy, and the names and addresses of three references should be sent by November 30, 1999, to

Robert Shelton,
Lyman Briggs School, E-34 Holmes Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48825-1107

See www.msu.edu/unit/lbs/animated.html or contact [log in to unmask]  MSU
is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. Persons with
disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable
accommodation.